An Outside Perspective To My Inside Life

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Who wants a candy cane?


I'll admit, I have been in a slump. I have been whiny, crabby, angry, depressed and generally pretty miserable. And rightfully so.

But today. Today I am no longer miserable because the universe has balanced and brought to me the most amazing of amazing things: The Holiday Season

I may be the only person who actually looks forward to writing out Christmas cards. I may enjoy each Starbucks Gingerbread Latte a little too much. I may tap my foot a little too vigorously to Christmas tunes. I may even nauseate my house guests with the smell of candy cane candles.

But I could care less because no matter what happens, I will be blissfully ignorant for the next 35 days delighting in the smells, sights and sounds of the season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I smile in the thoughts relished of an older A.W. some years down the road when we are all "senior citizens" and A.W. is still keeping the holiday spirit strong

CTolson said...

i <3 Xmas music! Not the new stuff, the OLD stuff like Nat King Cole.

Ladybug said...

i loved this one! i too look forward to the holidays and writing out my holiday cards... we should grab a starbucks and fill out our holiday cards together