An Outside Perspective To My Inside Life

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Quite a Surprise


I woke up election day certain that John McCain was going to win. I had a feeling that Obama winning would be too good to be true.

Nevertheless, I spent the whole day in excited anticipation and at 4pm I was finally able to cast MY vote. I proudly connected the arrow next to one Barak Obama and a proud smile creeped across my face.

The rest of the day was so very enjoyable as I listened to the votes roll in and celebrated with new friends as McCain made his concession speech.

My only disappointment was that 102 passed. I cannot believe it. Well, I can. But I don't want to.

Maybe someday this world will be a better place. Welcome, President Obama.

1 comment:

CTolson said...

It WAS a surprise! I don't know how to describe it. Every SAID he was going to win, yet... I didn't believe it until I saw it!!! Nevertheless, its great news.