An Outside Perspective To My Inside Life

Friday, November 7, 2008

License to Breed


I hate when people yell at their kids. Especially when the kid is just being a kid. It is atrocious. People treat their children like little inconveniences that plague their lives.

If you cannot show the child you created unconditional love and make the child feel like it a miracle, because it is, then don't have one or give it up for adoption. It's not fair. BIRTH CONTROL PEOPLE. Pills, condoms, spermicide, morning after pill, etc etc.

Listen, I don't want kids, at least not any time soon. But if I were to have one, I would never treat him or her with anything other than love and respect. I wouldn't scream at them for acting like a kid. Children need to be children.

Creating life is a miracle. People take it for granted. There are so many people out there who desperately want to experience creating a life with the person they love and can't because of fertility issues.

Explain to me how it's fair that miserable bags of death women can pop out kids they loathe, but someone who wants to have a child more than they want to breathe cannot.

2 comments:

CTolson said...

Amen! My kid can be frustrating sometimes, but he is 26 months old and I have YET to yell at him. He listens and is a great (refreshingly naive) toddler.

Amber said...

I saw this woman just screaming at her kids last night. They were just being curious and she dragged them to the store, but she felt it necessary to just yell and yell and it made me so mad.

At one point she yelled "get over here and stand in line for me" so when she walked away I asked them their names and they were so excited to have someone talk to them like humans.